Nika Roza Danilova AKA Zola Jesus is an American singer-songwriter with three EPs and five full-length studio albums under her belt, that combine the bliss and influence of electronic, industrial, classical, goth, and experimental rock. Sean Chin and Andreas Babiolakis discuss the origins of her stage name, interest in philosophy, self-education and how women in music have risen since she began singing. She talk about her song “Hollow” from her latest album Taiga.
- Moving into isolation on Vashon Island, Washington
- Listening to Toru Takemistsu
- Listening to Richard Wagner
- Nika says Sean sounds like Dave Foley
- Download Taiga – Zola Jesus via iTunes
Ways to Subscribe to Capsule Podcast:
Show your support: