Dan Boeckner is the lead singer of Operators. Along with Devojka and Sam Brown, they are a montreal electro-rock group that emerged at last years Canadian Music Week. This is a band you need to keep you eyes on. You may know Dan from past groups such as Wolf Parade, Handsome Furs and Divine Fits. He speaks with your host Sean Chin about performing with so many different bands over a decade, going on tour with The New Pornographers, deconstructing their song “True”, artist mystique, parental musical influences, relationship with CBC, and the demise of Canadian public journalists such as Jian Ghomeshi and Amanda Lang.
- Wolf Parade opening for Arcade Fire back in 2005
- St. Lucia’s topical dance rock music
- NOW Magazine on Operators
- CBC’s Amanda Lang problem should end with this: Resign
- Our “impartial” broadcasters have become mouthpieces of the elite
- Jesse Brown’s Canadaland on Amanda Lang
- Damian Abraham’s “Turned Out a Punk” podcast
Ways to Subscribe to Capsule Podcast:
Show your support:
- If you enjoyed this podcast episode, head over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review, and subscribe
- It would rock if you shared Capsule with your friends on Twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
- Subscribe to LiL’s Weekly Newsletter for highlights and industry news. Click here to sign up!