Despite it being March, it is finally here! The top ten films of 2018 Contra Zoom mega episode! This episode has everything including a great co-host in Stephanie, four terrific guest spots and more films mentioned than you could imagine.
On this episode, four friends of the show were asked to send in a voice mail of what their favourite film from 2018 was.
- Sean Chin’s favourite film was the mountain climbing documentary Free Solo
- Scott Murdoch’s favourite film was the Sony animated feature Spider-Man: Into the Spider Verse
- Curtis Sindrey’s favourite film was the darkly comedic Game Night
- Sammy Feilchenfeld’s favourite film was beautiful black and white Mexican film Roma
It is humanly impossible to see every film in a given year and below is the list that Dakota and Stephanie weren’t able to catch up with that they thought might have had potential to crack their top ten… if they saw them.
- Dakota- Burning, Zama, The Rider, Tea With the Dames and Blaze
- Stephanie- Leave No Trace, Spider-Man: Into the Spider Verse, Private Life and Widows
The duo also listed their honourable mentions; films that they really loved but just didn’t quite make the final list.
- Dakota- Isle of Dogs, Outlaw King, The Favourite, First Man, Game Night and Three Identical Strangers
- Stephanie- First Reformed, Game Night, Cold War and Free Solo
Here are the final ten films that made Stephanie’s list:
7. The Favourite
8. Eighth Grade
9. Isle of Dogs
10. Outlaw King
Here are the final ten films that made Dakota’s list:
3. Cold War
5. First Reformed
6. Spider-Man: Into the Spider Verse
8. Minding the Gap
If you want to see a full ranking of every movie Dakota saw last year, check out his Letterboxd list and give him a follow.
Something new I’ll be asking people to do is to rate and review Contra Zoom on Podchaser, a site that aims to be the IMDb of podcasts. Please rate 5 stars and if possible leave a short review to help grow this show.
Also if you have never given the show a rating on iTunes, that also helps tremendously. Every bit of exposure helps grow the show.