The Strumbellas is a newly minted Juno-Award winning, six-piece “alternative country” band from Toronto. Front man Simon Ward joins Sean and Andreas to talk about music.
- Describing what it felt like to win a JUNO and then learning the acceptance speech didn’t get recorded
- Experiencing touring with Corb Lund and performing at CMW
- Favourite spot to eat in Toronto: Bahn Mi Boys
- Being a fan of individual songs and short, lean high quality albums
- On topping the Billboard and wanting to get mainstream while keeping creative integrity and finding the middle ground between indie and mainstream pop ex. Indie 88.1
- Tegan and Sara said that at Junos on Q with Jian Ghomeshi on making a pop record. (3:09)
- Recommends listening to: Royal City, Father John Misty, Alt-J, Edward Sharp & Portugal the Man