In the 41st episode of NEOHUMAN, Agah Bahari is chatting with Lee McIntyre. Lee is a Research Fellow at the Center for Philosophy and History of Science at Boston University and an Instructor in Ethics at Harvard Extension School. He is the author of series of book from The MIT Press Essential Knowledge Series, including his latest book, Post-Truth. They talk about a wide range of subjects, including definitions of truth and post-truth, the rise of Donald Trump, technology & social media, ethics & morality, the objectivity of truth, Confirmation Bias, and authoritarianism as the next stage in the Post-Truth world.
- Lee McIntyre: www.leemcintyrebooks.com
- Post-Truth: www.amazon.com/Post-Truth-MIT-Press-Essential-Knowledge/dp/0262535041
- ‘Post-Truth’ names word of the year by Oxford Dictionaries: www.theguardian.com/books/2016/nov/15/post-truth-named-word-of-the-year-by-oxford-dictionaries
- The Attack on Truth: www.chronicle.com/article/The-Attack-on-Truth/230631
- How Propaganda Works: www.amazon.com/How-Propaganda-Works-Jason-Stanley/dp/0691173427
- Confirmation Bias : Why You Should Seek Out Disconfirming Evidence: www.fs.blog/2017/05/confirmation-bias/