This is the third Oscar Primer podcast for Contra Zoom, continuing the series of Oscar Primer’s Dakota does every year, normally just as written articles. He is flying solo this episode once again as he talks about The Revenant and Spotlight.
Unfortunately due to my illness last week I was unable to talk about Brooklyn and Room, but you should still totally check those films out because they are great.
These are the nominees for The Revenant.
– Best Picture
– Best Actor- Leonardo DiCaprio
– Best Supporting Actor- Tom Hardy
– Best Directing- Alejandro González Iñárritu
– Best Cinematography- Emmanuel Lubezki
– Best Film Editing- Stephen Mirrione
– Best Costume Design- Jacqueline West
– Best Makeup and Hairstyling- Sian Grigg, Duncan Jarman and Robert A. Pandini
– Best Sound Mixing- Jon Taylor, Frank A. Montaño, Randy Thom and Chris Duesterdiek
– Best Sound Editing- Martín Hernández and Lon Bender
– Best Visual Effects- Richard McBride, Matt Shumway, Jason Smith and Cameron Waldbauer
– Best Production Design- Jack Fisk and Hamish Purdy
These are the nominees for Spotlight.
– Best Picture
– Best Supporting Actor- Mark Ruffalo
– Best Supporting Actress- Rachel McAdams
– Best Directing- Tom McCarthy
– Best Original Screenplay- Josh Singer and Tom McCarthy
– Best Film Editing- Tom McArdle
Make sure you check out the latest written Oscar Primer where Dakota discusses Ex Machina, Trumbo and Creed. These primers come out every Monday with next week’s being the last of the season!
Ways to Subscribe to Contra Zoom Podcast: