Happy Women’s Day!
I’ve been waiting a whole year to make this list. We’ve only been making lists at Live In Limbo for under two years and I completely missed the date last year and have been looking forward to it ever since.
As always with me the list is a little rock oriented and spans a few decades. It is a list that features some of my favourite artists and some pretty kick ass songs. A combination of strength, tenderness and emotion, style, grace and a bit of attitude.
- Gloria: In Excelsis Deo – Patti Smith
- At Last – Single Version – Etta James
- Kool Thing – Sonic Youth
- I Put A Spell On You – Nina Simone
- Fuckers – Savages
- Glory Box – Live – Portishead
- Big Exit – PJ Harvey
- Hang on to Your Love – Sade
- I Feel Love – 12″ Version – Donna Summer
- Vogue – Edit – Madonna
- Paper Planes – M.I.A.
- What The Water Gave Me – Florence + The Machine
- Green Light – Lorde
- Killing Me Softly With His Song – Roberta Flack
- I Ain’t the Same – Alabama Shakes
- Summertime – Big Brother & The Holding Company
- She Bop – Cyndi Lauper
- History Eraser – Courtney Barnett
- Teenage Talk – St. Vincent
- Back To Black – Amy Winehouse
- What A Diff’rence A Day Made – Dinah Washington
- We Might Be Dead by Tomorrow – Soko
- Blood In The Cut – K.Flay
- Maps – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Sweet Jane Cowboy – Junkies
- Woman – Rosie Lowe