In the 32nd episode of NEOHUMAN, Agah is chatting with Ed Finn. Ed is the founding director of the Center for Science and the Imagination at Arizona State University, where he is assistant professor with a joint appointment in the School of Arts, Media and Engineering and the Department of English. They talk about wide range of subjects, including technology, politics, Internet of Things and Big Data, algorithms, Chinese national ranking system, automation in military-industrial-complex, ethics and morality in Artificial Intelligence, philosophy, as well as Ed’s new book, What Algorithms Want: Imagination in the Age of Computing.
- Ed Finn: www.edfinn.net
- Center for Science and the Imagination: http://csi.asu.edu
- What Algorithms Want: Imagination in the Age of Computing: www.amazon.ca/What-Algorithms-Want-Imagination-Computing/dp/0262035928
- China’s New Tool for Social Control: A Credit Rating for Everything: www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-new-tool-for-social-control-a-credit-rating-for-everything-1480351590
- Robots Poised to Take Over Wide Range of Military Jobs: www.sandiegouniontribune.com/military/sd-me-robots-military-20170130-story.html
- Ethical Issues in Artificial Intelligence: www.nickbostrom.com/ethics/ai.html