This was going to be a standard “CELEBRATE THE NEW YEAR” playlist, but 2016 was no standard year. Over the course of the past 365 days, our world as we know it has changed, in some ways for the good, in some ways for the bad, and in some ways whose outcomes we aren’t yet able to measure. Many people are finishing 2016 feeling laggard, but hopeful that the new year will hold something better. And so, this playlist is jubilant, and celebratory, but purposefully introspective and hopeful as well.
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year filled with new adventure, love, happiness, dancing, friendship, and perseverance.
1. Next Year – Two Door Cinema Club
2. Turnin’ – Young Rising Sungs
3. Uncharted – Sara Bareilles
4. Pumpin Blood – NONONO
5. Yeah Yeah Yeah – Jax Jones
6. I Believe In A Thing Called Love – The Darkness
7. D.A.N.C.E. – Justice
8. Dancing Song – Little Comets
9. Our Own House – MisterWives
10. Live High – Jason Mraz
11. Younger – Seinabo Sey
12. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye